Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:39 pm
by M
Dear All -- after reading Kenny's thoughts that the IBPC may be defunct, I tried to find some information which would prove or disprove the theory. I wrote to the only address I could find for the IBPC more than two weeks ago, and have yet to receive any response to my inquires. However, neither did the e-mail bounce back to me as undeliverable. I also went to the IBPC site and saw that nothing has been updated since 2022. So, I have to conclude that the IBPC is no longer operational, but that they did not disable or remove the e-mail address. I think that there may be lots of mail in it, but no one is reading it.

Given all that, I made the decision that Wild Poetry Forum will no longer be participating in the IBPC, at least until there are signs of life there. I'll not be sending any submissions for this month (August) and beyond. However, I'll continue to check on the site status for any updating that may occur. If something changes, then we'll review whether we want to be involved in the IBPC or not.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the IBPC over the many years that it was operational. This includes those who nominated poems, those who gave permission for their poems to be sent, those who received recognition in the competition, and those who cheered on the authors of the poems that were sent. In other words, thank you to everyone.

If someone knows something beyond what I've outlined here, or knows that the competition is still in operation, please do let me know. The IBPC had a good run, and we're sorry to see it end.

Love,
M